But fortunately there is CREIA, the California Real Estate Inspection Association. CREIA has established and maintains its go here Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, and California Law specifically recognizes these CREIA documents as the industry benchmark for your protection.
It’s not easy to become certified. The click here requirements for CREIA certification are extensive and ongoing. Only a minority of the inspectors in Ventura County are Certified CREIA Home Inspectors.
It is the purpose of CREIA to:
- Protect Lives, Health, and Your Investment
- Establish and maintain Ethical and Technical Standards of its members
- Require and provide Continuous Education, Training, and Testing of its members
An ordinary home inspector will often:
- Fail to find, understand, or highlight truly significant problems.
- Cause you confusion and unnecessary alarm by misrepresenting benign or minor issues as serious, urgent, expensive, or in violation of code.
- If you got him at a bargain price, he cannot afford to spend another minute on you once he’s collected his fee.
I am a Certified CREIA Home Inspector. I always arrive early and stay until you are satisified that you have a clear understanding of the condition of the home.
Next: Why inspect and other FAQs. Learn a little about the criticality and importance of a home inspection, and why you should take it as seriously as Soft Landings Home Inspection does.